May 8, 2011

A Mother's Love...

For thus saith the Lord:"Behold, I will extend peace to her like a river and the glory of the gentiles like a flowing stream. Then you shall feed. On her sides you shall be carried and dandled on her knees, as one who comforts his mother, so I will comfort you." Isaiah 66:12-13.



There are many times during our days of motherhood when we trust fully on God's love to carry us through. The days of "mommy can you do this for me", "mommy I don't feel good", "mommy so and so broke my heart", being awoken by the cries of a hungry or hurting baby in the middle of the night and the list goes on and on.



God pays a wonderful tribute to motherhood in Isaiah as He refers to His love for His children as "a mother's love." Jesus paid the same tribute to motherhood when He spoke of His love for Jerusalem like "a hen gathering her chicks under her wing."


God takes the children, during a mothers time of difficulty and shelters, protects, loves and provides for them. Mothers are taught to love their children unconditionally. Mothers are taught to protect their children from all evil and harm. Mothers are taught to shelter their children with their wings and keep them safe. Mothers are taught to provide for their every need. "Oh how much I love you," He cried "if only I could be a mother hen and spread my wings to protect you!"


Like a mother hen, Jesus calls his children to come to him so that he can shelter and protect them.


Thank you to all the wonderful Mothers today for loving their children and paving the way for them, so they can grow and develope into the people they become in their future. Thank you mom for spreading your wings and protecting me each day as I grew. I wouldn't be who I am today with out you.

No comments: