January 21, 2012

His Love Never Fails








If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing. 1 Corinthians 13:1-3

Clearly in this verse, love is viewed as important, higher and more valued than any other attribute. In 1 John 4:8b, it states: "God is love." And since 1 Corinthians 13:8a states: "Love never fails."
This therefore, God will never fail us Christians, that God will always be there in our time of need. Whenever you're in pain, remember that God will never leave you, never.

When the lyrics go: "Love is a river that flows through" I really think that it is referring to this text in the Bible: "And hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us." Romans 5:5

For us to love, it cannot be achieved by ourselves alone, but rather is only capable of occurring from the source of unconditional love, the love that can be found in His Word in many many many (countless) examples, and we must ask + seek for His help and intentionally try to do so.

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1 Corinthians 13:4-7

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.